Western Australia Transport
Finding a parking space on or near UWA's Crawley Campus can be difficult.
We recommended that you walk, cycle or use public transport to get to the University of Western Australia.
Getting to UWA by bus
Buses to UWA regularly pass through the following areas:
- Subiaco, Perth, Northbridge, Morley, Bedford, Inglewood, Mt Lawley and western suburbs
If you live elsewhere in Perth, you will need to catch a bus or train to Subiaco Station or the Perth CBD and transfer to a UWA bus service.
Bus routes to UWA
Esplanade Busport 950, 23, 102, 107 10 minutes Every 1-5 minutes during peak times and every 5-15 minutes at other times Wellington Street Bus Station 102, 107 20 minutes Every 15-30 minutes East Perth
St Georges Terrace 24, 103 25 minutes Every 20 minutes Subiaco Train Station 97 20 Minutes Every 15 minutes Claremont Train Station 24, 23, 107 10 Minutes Every 10 minutes Fremantle Train Station 98, 103 30 minutes Every 15 minutes Stirling Train Station 99 30 minutes Every 15 minutes
Service restrictions and extensions
- Additional 950 bus services operate during morning and afternoon peaks during UWA semesters
Getting to UWA by vehicle
If you must drive to UWA please obey the parking signs. Illegal parking will attract an infringement notice.
Stirling Highway – If you are heading east on Stirling Highway towards the Perth city centre
- Turn right at the intersection of Winthrop Avenue and Stirling Highway.
- You will immediately come to a T-junction. The University is in front of you. Turn left or right onto a road that runs along the campus perimeter.
Kwinana Freeway – If you are heading north along Kwinana Freeway towards the Perth city centre
- Enter the left lane shortly before you reach the Narrows Bridge (which spans the Swan River about one kilometre from the city business centre).
- About 500 metres after the bridge, turn left into the Mounts Bay Road exit.
- Keep in the left-hand lane. Turn left into Mounts Bay Road. You are now heading towards the Swan River.
- You will approach a roundabout. Turn right into Stirling Highway, which runs along the edge of the Swan River.
- Keep in the left-hand lane.
- Once Stirling Highway leaves the edge of the river, take the first turn left. You are in Hackett Drive.
- Turn first or second right to access a road that runs along the campus perimeter.
Mitchell Freeway – If you are heading south along the Mitchell Freeway
- Select the Mounts Bay Road exit.
- Follow it to the traffic lights at Mounts Bay Road and turn left. You will be heading towards the Swan River.
- Within one kilometre you will approach a roundabout near the river. Turn right onto the roundabout; you will still be on Mounts Bay Road, which runs along the edge of the Swan River.
- Once Mounts Bay Road leaves the edge of the river, take the first turn left. You are in Hackett Drive.