Whats the Weather in Sydney Australia
Sydney has a humid subtropical climate meaning mild cool winters and hot summers. Rain and sunshine is spread out evenly throughout the year.
Summer in Sydney starts in December and lasts until the end of March. In the summer months it is hot and the maximum average temperatures are between 22 and 30 degrees Celsius (71.6-86° Fahrenheit). In recent years heat waves and drought have become more common. July is the coldest month with an average of 17 degrees Celsius (62.7° F) in the day and the temperature is almost always above zero at night.
The best time to go to Sydney is in spring. In the months September and October it is quite dry and it is pleasantly warm without getting to hot. Sydney has 105 days of clear days a year making it a sunny destination.
What's the best time to go to Sydney in Australia? Here are some annual weather facts we collected from our historical climate data:
- Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in January, February, March, April, June and November.
- On average, the warmest month is January.
- On average, the coolest month is July.
- March is the wettest month. This month should be avoided if you don't like too much rain.
- July is the driest month.
For more information, see the weather forecast and our average climate infomation (by month in graphs) below.