Accommodation in Gold Coast Australia
You know you want accommodation in Gold Coast. The only question is which beachy, laid-back area is right for you. Much like the Wahlbergs, they might all be in the same group, but they’ve got distinct personalities, thank you very much.
All That Glitters Is Gold (Coast)
Speaking of celebrities, hotels in Gold Coast are no stranger to them. Celeb-spotting is a bona fide hobby around here, and while you won’t find the Wahlbergs—at least none that we know of—there are plenty of other stars, studs and star-studded spots.
- Matthew McConaughey, Pink, Bono and Beyoncé have all been spotted here. Umm, what about Hugh Jackman, you ask? Make the trip out to Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in the hinterlands and you just might dine next to him. He co-owns it!
- Gold Coast doesn’t just attract celebrities from afar. It’s produced champions of its own, including Olympian Sally Pearson, tennis star Samantha Stosur and actress Margot Robbie.
- Celebrities plus chefs equals…celebrity chefs! Award winner, cookbook author and spice seller Luke Mangan’s Salt Grill is located in Surfers Paradise. Pair the degustation menu with a boutique vintage, pretend you know what those words mean, and you’ll be living like a celebrity yourself.
There’s another thing Gold Coast is known for, and they’re also quite glittery and famous: its theme parks! Day trippers and weekenders from Brizzie make the quick trip down to Gold Coast hotels all the time to take to the rides. (We think you should reverse the trend and make the city your side trip with Brisbane accommodation.)
- Got rugrats in tow? See a different kind of star at Movie World, where you can find your favourite cartoon characters on the Star Parade. And unlike the one in Hollywood, you just might be able to take a pic with them, too.
- Dreamworld Park is appropriately named: all sorts of dreams come true here. Ride white water rapids, visit with tigers and head to a silent disco at Screamworld (no screaming, please). You can let out those shrieks on the Big 8 Thrill Rides, which have names like The Claw and The Buzzsaw. Fun!
- When the weather heats up, Wet N Wild will cool you off. They have the standards like a wave pool and lazy river, but we think that’s borrrringgg. Get the adrenaline pumping on the Extreme H20 slides: Black Hole, Kamikaze, Mach 5 and Tornado. Bring an extra suit in case of…accidents.
We hope you’ve got plenty of time, because as you can tell, there’s a lot to do here. After you’ve gotten a few autographs (from a real celebrity or, you know, Batman) and some thrills, it’s…